Apple’s Q3 2012 Earnings and the Enterprise
Apple announced their Q3 2012 earnings today with the highlights being 17M iPads sold (up 84%) and their $2.65 dividend per share.
But as usual, the enterprise is what matters to us…
26M iPhones were sold (up 28% y/y) with the number of iPhones in the Fortune 500 more than doubling.
Two examples were sited -
1) Pepsi Co has deployed thousands of iPhones with an in-house app for their field service personal to eliminate paper and provide real time sales and delivery information.
2) ERGO, a German insurance provider, has an in-house app to process insurance claims to eliminate paper and speed processing time.
17M iPads were sold (up 84% y/y) and the number of iPads in the Fortune 500 mre than tripled in the past year. Additionally the reduced price iPad2 saw large momentum in K-12 school districts with nearly 1M iPads sold.
Three examples were sited -
1) British Airways has a custom app to support their business across customer support at check-in to cabin service directors replacing paper printouts of customer preferences.
2) Homebuilder Dialogue House in Japan is building smart homes that are fully controlled by iPads. And their sales collateral is distributed via iPads to enable purchasers to select upgrades and other options.
3) Mansfield, Texas Independent School District has purchased 11,000 iPads. This fall every Mansfield High School student and teacher will receive an iPad under the districts Power Up initiative.
A cumulative 410M iOS devices have been sold making a large market for the Apple Developer community.
Overall, paperless workflow plays a huge role with iOS in the enterprise. At Moprise, we believe document workflow applications like Coaxion can give you the efficiencies experienced by these companies at price points, speed, and flexibility unattainability with custom solutions.